Friday, June 08, 2007

poetry...

yeps some more of the visually stimulating stuff. this time I'm swinging back into rhyme for a change I've certainly learned alot thanks to Admin's prodding(arr...)

this first one was, strangely enough, brought to mind and inspired by the word "grey" (or "gray" depending on where your from) this will be, of course, another one of my illuminated poems. I hate it when that happens...


Grey


When I was a child
so gay(HAPPY!!!) and free
the world was full of color
and I alone was king.

The sky fell through my fingers
the wind held my face,
in her caress everchanging
while she whispered my name.

The trippling creeks
laughed with me.
sticks were swords
and my fortress a tree.

But now time has flown
I see the world dim
through different eyes;
too fair, that dream, to live in.

Now the voices are silent, dry
This king's reign is ended
The fortress has fallen
My sword lies broken

Emaciated, the wind gnaws
against my bare skin.
No longer comforting
as it drives storm's clouds in.

And all the colors, slowly
do now but fade.
Where once played hues vivant
now lurk only shades of grey.


distanced

How can we
still be friends
(with benifit)
when seas
of land
come between?
Ourselves,
vessels derilect
Eachother,
our only shore

Our different paths
together we walk
Aching fingers breaking
the Silence
ever sporadicly

Never giving the hurt
the pleasure
of being felt
Though poignant
we feel
the others pain.

Can we find
our parts to play
in this masacarade grand
so soliloquosly acting?

Will we go on searching
in these mires of Silence
for our own selves?
Calling,
our names in dismay...



blah!


-The Revig

No comments:

Post a Comment