Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dye Daily

It's finally finished... *collapses*






Die Daily




umm... okay this obviously needs some explaining... for some strange reason it was inspired by the phrase"I killed my pride"from some random song... pride in this case sygnified by the statue of himself having come alive. so in a sense he's killing himself. therefore I made the posessed statue stabbing him but him stabbing the statue(don't ask me how it's done, but yeah that's the general idea) to illustrate that by "killing" (I hope) the statue he's killing a part of himself... or something around those lines....




gah, the texture! I painstakingly put it together on the statue, piece by peice, layer by layer... which my computer loved me for and showed it's apreciation by taking ten minutes to save the file... sigh I really should give the credit for it where it is due... but notifying the person of the usage of his texture is a leetle bit difficult since I don't have a DA account anymore and that's where I got it from...http://texturemattic.deviantart.com/ since I have to post a link to it... (his rules :D) yes I know I haven't been very good at keeping them but I will try for now on. I can't really give you the exact link to the texture since he's cleaned out his gallery... O really should stop using these if I plan to illustrate the xn... copyrighting could be a pain if I'm not careful... which is why fighter's song only uses brushes...something that I am incredibly proud of since all my work uses other peoples textures to a great extent... sigh



now that I look at this there are soo many things that I see wrong with it, but I couldn't abide looking at it any longer! come to think of it I started it in febuary when the weather was still docile and worked on it throughout... definatly the thing that made it take so long was the texturing of the statue as while almost halfway finishing it my computer decided to be turned off by a power cut performed by my dad while working on the house so I lost all my work on that and had to start all over again... which was alright I guess because by that time I had a process down and was able to streamline it a bit because usually the reason why texturizing something takes me so long is because I have no idea what I am doing and it's a process of trial and error using different textures and blending modes to see what looks best...(pant pant) all this to say... I HATE TEXTURIZING!!!


ohh lookie a signature!


incedently this peice is also for that challenge thingy:43. Dying, if you want to know... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


-The Revig

2 comments:

  1. very cool alittle dark but very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:57 AM

    I like how you took my name and made it yours world I'll have you know that I David came up with the idea to take our family name and spell it backwards thank you very much

    ReplyDelete