Thursday, July 16, 2009

On the team


On The Team by ~freakdearts on deviantART

my third piece in the XN! finally I can post it...

In sports I don't really think that any one position is more important than the other all are just as needed...after all, where would a striker be without his midfield? (myself, I'm more of a support player) I really wanted to show that everyone on the team is a winner regardless of whether or not they shot the last goal :D

I could of done a different sport since soccer wasn't exactly specified, I even seriously considered american foot ball, but I chose this one because its international, team intense, and also one of my favorites to play... not to mention it's not every day that you get to draw a bicycle kick... (even if it is slightly incorrect) the action shots were rather a challenge to keep coherent as well...

the trophy is the final one they went with... not exactly my favorite but it's clearer... although it's a trophy, isn't it all supposed to be symbolic? or at least impressionistic

I rather liked working in greyscale... don't have to worry about color and you can focus more on shade and light... although it does look a little boring... sigh

drawn on half a sketchbook page then inked and shaded in photoshop

1 comment:

  1. loved it man, I told lods of people about it at the fellowship and they where like "whoa man he's cool" so all that to say keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete