Friday, March 27, 2009

I Believe In Hell--redux

I completely forgot about this...


I Believe In Hell--redux by ~freakdearts on deviantART

I Believe in Hell [link]
by G.M.P.Mizrany

---

It's the way each day always drains the best in me,
Knowing this is all my destiny.
It's the way each thing I do turns to a bad bet,
Knowing there's more & this is all I get.
It's the way I live for my coffee & they never can make it right,
The way I hear myself crying at night, that

refrain:
I believe in hell. There's one scare I'm sure on.
Don't ask how I can tell, I live there, you moron.
So I believe in hell, & all it's fiends.
At least it means,
Just like the Bible tells, God let'ere be,
There'd better be,
A heaven somewhere as well!

I believe in hell we'll go on living in our private padded cell,
I bet the coffee sucks down there as well.
I believe hell's made of darkness & love's the only key.
Will there be a light that shines for me?
I believe I can't be good enough to ever make it off my knees,
Oh, God forgive me please!


---

look familiar?... I was always meaning to redo this one for some time and so I took the chance when it came up to revamp it in my current style...

it was interesting going back and seeing how I had done things and trying to bring back up the feelings and emotions while making this in order to put them back in... of course the music helped but it just went to show me how much my attitudes and perspectives on art- and not just my skills bending it- have changed since I first finished this piece...

I felt very limited by the line art and it was kind of hard to feel out the forms with it, the colors too were difficult to place (just how does one go about painting black without actually using black), but I kept the background as that is my favorite texture work I've ever wrought... *shivers*

no she does not come from hell... nor does she favor it... she is simply not ignorant of it...

textures and stock(door): :icontexturemattic:

wings are from somewhere I can't find...

Compare:[link]

-The Revig

No comments:

Post a Comment