Sunday, November 12, 2006

poetry attack!!!

I don't really consider myself a poet but then there are those times when somerandom inspiration will grip me and I can't keep from rhyming... of course this is poetry not songwriting... for some reason that gift hasn't been very co-oporrative, anyway with out any further ado I give you three of my poems I have written...

this first one was written sometime back when I still was fanatical about the craft

Troubled Waters

Singing to an audience
That's just not there
Couldn't care less
This silence
Too hard to bare
Endlessly crashing ambience

Layers piling up
Apon my skin
Of bells struck
I've had to much
Of this light too dim
Fearlessly passionate touch

Something feirce
Is in the air
A fire within my tears
My greatest fears
Of this dare
Toyingly haunting mirrors

Days of Nights

"I will not love!" shouts I,
Spreading wings in the wind
"For nothing can I find
in my humanity to give"
Amnesty to live
Death taunting grin
graces my face
I can no longer waste
my tears
so dear
as to be my only dream to shed
But, Oh! the dread
of endless days
Of sleepless nights
Without the sight
of your face
Oh how I pray there will come a day
when I can touch
It aches so much
And nothing can I do
to soothe
The pain
of these joyless days
Of dreamless nights
Without the sight
Of you

a little free verse, anyone?

Evanescent

GO, find your light
Bring what you have within
and it will be your guide
Every night you scream
your tainted soul
This insanity within you
furrowing upwards to find
Nothing to bring
To give
to the sorrow that thrives
Within your breast
Where is this peace that you long to hold
Hesitant to see it
in your own eyes
Silence reigns
Although your screams explode
And everything comes
back to your pain
There is freedom
Now your own song
and yeild to the light
Before...


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment