Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Miscellaneous Art Dump

before we start this exposition there's something important that needs to be said...

my niece Gabrielle is back! AAUGGHH!!!

well it's actually not that bad... I've only got her for the morning until three and then joy has her for the rest of the day... still she does have a nice tendency to get in one's hair! don't EXPECT pictures even if I say I'll post them if I can... :D

---
First we start with a portrait of my dad

Gandalf with Glasses--My Dad by ~freakdearts on deviantART

this is a bit of an informal tribute/gift that I did for his sixtieth birthday last month... it was difficult because I knew that he would be a bit nervous about sitting for me and so I had to steal little snapshot sketches throughout the day and composite them into something like this...:D

I chose to portray him as a sort of Gandalf, because he is a great lover of the books and because my first introduction to them (beyond the movies) was when he would read them to us before we went to bed... I remember that I would almost always fall asleep to his low droning voice and so it was only appropriate that I did something like this... also I kind of liek to think of him in that way and I'm sure he sort of does to...

no his beard is not that long in fact he doesn't have much of a beard at all and I know that gandalf doesn't wear glasses but my dad wouldn't be my dad without them and neither would gandalf be himself with out his beard, so I think that justifies my splicing! beyond the fact that it is his sixtieth birthday!

still don't think I got the hat right... my mother said that he could work as either a pirate or santa claus... but I'm tired of fiddling with it and I need to give it to him...:D

---


unlocked--xn teaser by ~freakdearts on deviantART

a teaser panel from my fourth piece of work for the xn this one consists of two pages, but I think I'll only post one cause I'm not too sure I like the other one...

this one was a pain... so many paths and details, I went too far on the chest... it wasn't easy to color in the time I had after the lineart was done... which was like a week... but I managed...

I especially like the little crystal up in the right corner and the ring in the left, though...

---

Elementals--Air--WIP by ~freakdearts on deviantART

quite a likable fellow really...

well I figured I should break the suspense on the development of this one... I have not been able to work on it in a while due to various other constraints on my time and attention but such as it is here is a preview of it... I may take it up again with the break but my bear needs completion before the twentieth... colored pencils are nice...

it's still quite messy and irregular but were getting there...

what I like about this type of shading is that you don't have to worry about gradients you can just block it in and that's final! no more mucking about with the eye dropper tool and opacity... maybe I should do my comics like this...

---

Nathalie called me on saturday for my birthday... we couldn't really talk for long cause I had to head out to do a spiderman party, but it was nice to know I am loved... I really have to write that woman there is much we have to talk about...


I hate chemistry! and here I was thinking I was done with math!!!


-The Revig

No comments:

Post a Comment