Monday, February 23, 2009


---
My Boat is So Little

My boat is so little, the ocean so wide
and sometimes the winds loudly roar
but God and His angels are close by my side
they'll steer my boat safely to shore

though winds blow so fiercely i won't fear the storm
for angels are holding my hand
with their arms around me I'm safe and warm
on the way to God's heavenly land

If I close my eyes and then go right to sleep
I'll make the night go quickly by
in the morning when I will open my eyes
the daylight will shine with a smile

so snuggled securely in my little boat
I'll sail through the night in my dreams
my guardian angels will bless me with peace
and make the sea sparkle and gleam
---
"I sail by the full moon on an ocean of sleep, to what I know not but I will embrace it joyfully"
---
song is 'My boat is so little' from siesta street... quote is from my "book"...( I know theres no moon but you get the picture)

:DI went through all the trouble of painting this because I have many memories of this song, and loved it... it was one of those that always put me to sleep... when I listen to it now I get all nostalgic and pretty much this same image flashes through my head... so yeah, you could say I couldn't help myself

and look, I didn't do this for anyone! yay!

I hate rigging... but the lighting was fun, so were the star clouds... a little too bright maybe, but who cares...it looks pretty!

I was kind of going for a look like hold me in your heart where it's all soft, blurry and dreamy to go along with the song... I also kind of wanted it to have an elvish slight, sort of like the effect in LOTR...I think I might of overdone it a bit and made it too busy but then again this is mainly just something to do between commissions to keep me sane...

-The Revig

P.S. how do you like the new shiny embed?

1 comment:

  1. i got your piece "everytime i die" tattooed on my left arm i hope thats ok!! i should have asked first but its such a nice piece let me know if u want to see pictures.. rj.fourty.five@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete